1978 University of the Philippines UP Collegian COUNCIL
This is an official weekly newspaper of the students of the University of the Philippines, year XXXIII # 20 issue, dated January 10, 1978. With a headline of "AS students to ratify council constitution.” This issue reflected the struggle of the post Martial Law UP students in asserting their right to a Student Council, a right which is oftentimes taken for granted today. Future Senaator Joey Lina was the Managing Editor of this issue.
1. AS election rules
2. UP Law to hold traditional fest.
3. The Carter administration and human rights.
4. Various editorials and columns
5. Literary portion
6. Lantern parade highlights
7. Victory in basketball of the UP Maroons against the stallions.
Editor: Alexander J. Poblador
Condition: The newspaper is browned with age and is somewhat brittle. Some small portions torn. The right side, the mid left side and the mid section has some missing portions. Please see photos for best description.